Drone deploy and the cloud for map

Drone deploy and the cloud for map

Welcome Ask Questions. Answer Questions! DroneDeploy Users Drone deploy and the cloud for map

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dcutter 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

dcutter
    Participant

Just read article saying that surveyor are not happy with the possibility of “drone” and the use of the cloud for making maps – i.e drone deploy  .  Any thoughts on how this will affect VR future ? Does drone deploy have the ability to use Lidar for making maps ? (understand that Lidar is ideal for VR maps)

Beau
    Keymaster

Speaking as an old “GIS Jockey”, I can tell you we saw the same sort of trepidation from surveyors when Geographic Information Systems became a real career path for folks. Today, I think its agreed that it’s as much about the people using the technology as it is about the technology itself.  Image-aquired point cloud has its place as a cost-effective alternative to lidar, and you can get fantastic results in many cases with the addition of a few well-placed survey points.

If you’ve got a link to that article, please post! I’d love to read it!

dcutter
    Participant

Sorry i don’t have the link anymore . Really enjoy today webinar put on by Drone deploy .  Chad colby and beck seeds were guest speakers .

dcutter
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Agflyers is dedicated to the promotion of the agricultural industry through aerial technology.