"Rebirth" of the Consortium for Kansas Unmanned Systems

"Rebirth" of the Consortium for Kansas Unmanned Systems

Welcome Ask Questions. Answer Questions! Drone Events for Agriculture "Rebirth" of the Consortium for Kansas Unmanned Systems

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Beau 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Beau
    Keymaster

Last night @curt and myself attended a kick-off dinner at K-State Polytechnic to “reboot” the Consortium for Kansas Unmanned Systems (CKUS) as a proper 501(c)(6) non-profit.

A little background – In Oct. of 2013 this burgeoning organization had a very successful conference that was well attended – internationally, even! For a myriad of reasons, the organization lost direction and lay stagnant for a couple of years. However, under the guidance of KDOT, UAS-specific discussions and a summit were held last year where stakeholders were asking for the kind of professional organization CKUS originally sought to be. Well, it’s back! Here’s what happened last night in a nutshell:

• Folks from K-state, KDOT, and Kansas Dept. of Ag were in attendance, as well as private business, individuals, and organizations looking to partner with CKUS
    • KDOT Director of Aviation, Merril Atwater announced that Kansas is actively seeking someone to fill the position of State UAS director – The first of its kind in the nation!
    • Articles and by-laws were approved that allows CKUS to start actively accepting members, and elect a board.

Membership details are coming. I’ll be sure to post here. Menawhile, post any questions you have, and I’ll ping the interim board members to answer. Exciting stuff!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Agflyers is dedicated to the promotion of the agricultural industry through aerial technology.