Would you Verifly?

Would you Verifly?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Beau 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

It’s now possible to procure drone liability insurance on demand.  Is this something practical for growers and agronomists?  Verifly lets the PIC procure $1million of liability starting at $10 for a quarter-mile radius for one hour.  Inherently, the geographic scope of individual policies could be problematic.  Truth be told, fields don’t always fit into a nice radial bucket, and coverage near airports is a no-go at this time. All this same, is this something y’all would consider using?

That is pretty interesting, I could see that being a solid money-maker.

Personally, I think this particular model wouldn’t be all that cost-effective for high volume pilots. That said, for the one-off you’d be sitting better than you would with nothing.  I will say after dinking with it a bit, that the uninsured areas could be restrictive for some; as there are places where a certified remote pilot could fly that they simply won’t insure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Agflyers is dedicated to the promotion of the agricultural industry through aerial technology.